Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Spring Kitchen




Even with all this rain and cool weather, don't let the sun fool you. The sun is moving and gaining strength so when the heat arrives we will be in for a little surprise. I know this as my kitchen is hopping! Everything is growing and the luscious vegetation is green and alive.
On the domestic side of my kitchen we are enjoying greens from the grocery store; local and organic asparagus, artichokes, swiss chard, mint, dill, basil, and leafy greens. I have made soups, quiches, sautes, pesto, dips, salads and more.
My wild side of the kitchen is preparing infusions, drying herbs and wild crafting super healers such as nettles, violets, plantain, cotton wood seed, dandelions and herbs from the garden.

As I interact with the green allies I recognize their spirit in vitality and in healing. The healing colour of green connects with the heart chakra, strengthening the blood, increasing nutrient absorption and emotionally expanding compassion. We have a lot to learn from Earth's green offspring.
It's in my spirit to co~create a relationship with plants and share their healing and nutritive properties with friends and family. I welcome you to try a feast of steamed artichokes; scraping your teeth across a supple leaf of fibre and flavour. Connect with it's healing properties, allow yourself to be absorbed by it's profound energy and feel yourself transform! My spring nettle tops went to family and the reaction to this fantastic plant has been incredible. A brightness, energy increase and open hearts. I couldn't ask for anything more.

Green Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment