Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fall - ing into Autumn


This is a day when the rain encapsulates me into a deep state of solitude. Rain is one of the many sounds of 'silence' I crave and love; if that can be so, and it is so to me. All other sounds are muffled as I rest in joyful contentment in my home, with the rainforest peeking in at my windows.
This is also a day for tea, bathing, making bread and reading. Of course my music of choice is Van Morrison; 'The Healing Game' album. Soothing right to the soul. Just me and my space cozied up~ my favourite space to be in.

Of course the phone rings, my brother is on his way over.
Alone time is over and that's ok. I am in a calm state to greet him. I make a chocolate mint tea with ashwaganda powder and dried nettles. A nice blend to connect the soul back with the body and to have a nice conversation.
A few healing procedures on a persistent wound, a nice visit, and he is off.

Well, now I must tend those Chanterelle mushrooms I picked up at the market. Thick creamy mushroom soup to really set this Autumn into motion. A walk outside and I can garnish the table with Maple leaf flames.

Embrace this moment; there is nothing more important

No comments:

Post a Comment