Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Sprouts


Last week I started sprouts in my 3 tier kit. This has been my most successful year since sprouting a couple years back. Maybe the weather and temperature conditions are just right. Could be that I am connecting clearly with the co-creation process with my friends the sprouts. The more I listen to my internal dialogue within my kitchen creations, the more fantastic my results. And the better I can nourish myself and family the better we live.

The process is super simple. Pick out your favourite sprout seeds. I chose mung, clover and a new kind for me; beet.
rinse, soak as per directions, water daily and bam! a power house of nutrition in a week.
I myself have the Alive publishing book on Sprouts. There are many other books on sprouts, What you want to look for in a book is one that gives specific directions for most varieties of sprouts, their nutrition content, and great recipes.
When you eat sprouts you are taking care of a large part of the body's nutrition requirements along with cleansing of major organs, optimising the blood and blood flow, providing protein, and most importantly living with VITALITY!

This is a simple enough process to do with many nuts and seeds. They don't sprout but they do crack open to offer more nutrition and easy digestion.
For added mineral content during the soaking period I add a piece of seaweed. With the container in with my pots cupboard, they germinate in the darkness, rinsed a couple of times a day, and then let out in in-direct sunshine for the last day to add the chlorophyll.
Tonight we will be feasting on avocado salad topped with clover sprouts and munching on mung bean sprout muffins.

Now this is the way to honour and welcome the summer by eating a bounty of sun-inspired foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment